Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Graphic 45 January Challenge/Desafio by Djana Venolia #GetG45Organized

Greetings/Oi pessoal,
This year I decided to participate in more challenges, not so much for the prizes but to force me to create more, try new products and test new techniques.

Esse ano eu decidi participar de mais desafios, não tanto pelos premios, mas para me forcar a criar mais, usar materiais diferentes ou tentar novas técnicas.

For the January Challenge I needed to make something organizational, so to keep my new year resolution to participate in more challenges I made a Rolodex/Desk Planner. There I will enter all the challenges I want to enter with the details, deadline and anything else I need to know right at the tips of my fingers.

Para o desafio de Janeiro, seguindo a ideia de participar de mais desafios eu fiz um Planner de cima de mesa usando um Rolodex. Nele eu vou anotar todas as informações necessárias para cada desafio que eu quero participar.

For my cover I used one of the pages from the Mixed Media Box, the Communique Collection made a perfect choice for my background since I wanted to use vintage pink for my embellishments, I couldn't use any paper with red on it.

Para a minha capa eu use uma das paginas de dentro de uma das caixinhas e uma das folhas da coleção Communique. A escolha do papel de fundo ser preta se deu por que eu queria usar tons de rosa antigo e os outros papeis dessa coleção tem tons de vermelho.

I wanted to use this die cut so badly but because it was bigger than my page, I left the bottom out.

Eu queria usar tanto essa faquinha, mas como ela era maior do que a minha capa eu tive que deixar a parte de baixo para fora.

When using die-cut chipboards I always like to sand the little dots that connects to the main chipboard piece, that way I have a clean look.

Eu sempre lixo as bordas dos meus chipboards quando eles vem conectados numa peca maior. Dessa forma eu fico com um acabamento perfeito.

To be able to fit my cover onto the Rolodex I used my MemoryDex punch. I also made my tag using the chipboard piece and some Petaloo flowers. For the tag finish I applied some Modge Podge on the seam binding to make it ruffled.

Para poder usar a minha capa no Rolodex eu usei meu furador do MemoryDex. Eu também preparei a tag colocando o chipboard, flores da Petaloo e uma fitinha amassada com o uso de Modge Podge.

All the pieces in place. I added some Petaloo trim on the tag as well as on the cover to create some unit. I finish my tag using some newsprint look Mini Candy.

Capa pronta! Eu coloquei uma rendinha tanto na tag quanto na capa para criar uma uniformidade no visual. Eu tambem usei uns Mini Candy com uma impressão de jornal para fechar o look.


I think a clean finish is very important, so I decided to add another page on the back to cover the trim, but that extra piece also gave more stability to my cover. Double win!!!

Como acabamento e tudo nessa vida... Eu decidi colocar outra pagina na parte de traz da minha capa, que alem de cobrir a rendinha ainda fortaleceu a minha capa.

For the base of the Rolodex I used more Petaloo flowers, trim and ribbon. A close up of my project with the cover on the Rolodex.

E para a base do meu Rolodex eu usei mais flores da Petaloo, rendinha e fita. Uma foto de perto para mostrar os detalhes.

And these were some of the products I used in my project. Questions??? Comments are welcome!!!
E aqui esta uma foto de alguns dos materiais utilizados nesse projeto. Qualquer duvida eh so perguntar e comentarios sao bem vindos!!

I hope you got inspired!
Tchau for now!!!
Djana

No comments:

Post a Comment