Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Clean Eating 101: What it means to eat clean.

Clean Eating 101


I was standing in line one day at Trader Joe's to pay for my groceries when I overheard the woman in line in front of me say to the cashier that she and her husband were going to begin Clean Eating in a few days. She said she didn't know what that meant, but if she didn't have to give up her coffee she was ok with it.

I chuckled but later wondered how many others really don't know what "Clean Eating" is. I've since discovered that there are a lot of people who don't understand what it might be. So I thought I'd take a few posts to bring this healthy lifestyle to light.

My goal is to keep this as simple and basic as possible. I'd like this to be accessible for you and your family.

So here goes...in a nutshell Clean Eating is consuming foods as close to their natural state as possible. Yes, it's really that simple.

Eating fresh produce is the best way to obtain the nutrients that will support our bodies and give us the greatest health benefits. However, much of conventionally grown produce is full of toxic chemicals from pesticides, 

and/or has been genetically modified (GMO) both of which have potential harmful effects on our bodies.

The risks of consuming toxic foods include disruption of our nervous and endocrine systems, and increased risk of cancer. Disruption of our nervous and endocrine systems can lead to a number of different conditions such as pain, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, reproductive disorders, thyroid malfunction, and Alzheimer's disease to name a few.

There are a number of different aspects to Clean Eating. To keep this as simple as possible I'll address each of them individually. In our next installment we'll talk about choosing organic foods so we can truly reap the benefits of the foods we eat. I'll also address how to make that more affordable.

Stephanie Lee is a Food and Fitness Coach helping you gain a handle on your own healthy lifestyle. She can be reached by phone or text at 760-712-7232, or email at lmt4me.sl@gmail.com. You can also find her on FB at www.Facebook.com/HealthyWon


No comments:

Post a Comment