Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Applying for Heartfelt Creations 2016-17 Design Team by Djana Venolia

Greetings everyone.
I am happy to share with you all that I have applied to the Heartfelt Creations 2016-17 Design Team and one of the requirements on the application was to send a short, did you hear me? SHORT PARAGRAPH about myself and why I want to join their team. Well, that part was the hardest one :-)
The letter I am about to share with you is what I ORIGINALLY wrote. I realized that many of my customers don't know much about me and since it was already written, why not share it with you? 


Besides the letter/application I needed to send 3 projects. I really wanted to convey my idea of using HC products as a mixed-media artist so I created all new items and on them you will find characteristics of my style: repurposed materials, use of paint, 100% hands-on (yes, I make everything from scratch and that is why I love using HC products to make my own flowers). To mix this long text with my art Here it goes...




Hello Heartfelt Creations family.
First of all it is an honor to be participating in the design team competition for the 2016-17 term. 
The hardest part of this application is writing a short paragraph about myself, but I will try my best. 
I am originally from Brazil, but I've been living in the US for nearly 10 years. My professional background is in architecture and urban design. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to designed houses all around the world and have helped many clients to fulfill their dreams of owning a custom designed home. 
Around four years ago, a major health issue forced me to reduce about 90% my architecture practice and because of that, I saw an opportunity of using my hobby transforming in a part-time business. 
I try to have a balanced live: I teach Zumba for seniors twice a week, I work 20 hours/week as an administrative assistant at my church and the rest of my time I take care my daughter, husband, cat and dog. Yes, I am quite the busy bee but I am happy with everything I do and everything is done with love. 

Now, the reason why I decided to apply to be part of the design team is quite simple. I love being challenged and following company's guidelines in an artistic environment is a big one. Also, I've been looking to get endorsements from a business partner for some time now. My standards are quite high so it can't be just any company. It needs to have the same level of care and professionalism I carry in my business. 
I've been doing paper craft for about seven years now and I have my own craft store for almost the same amount of time, along with the store I owned when I lived in Brazil for a couple of years.
I would like to highlight here that I have no strings attached with any of the companies I do business with. That said if I need to adjust to be part of the Heartfelt Creations Design Team I will with no problem. Please, do not disqualify my application because I am a retailer, as I feel that I have so much to add to the HC family. My multicultural background, my professional experience and my passion for the job tells me that I found my place to be. 
I am ready for the next level. As a mixed-media artist I can clearly see that this field has not been explored in depth by the company. I love to see all the scrapbook pages, cards and albums but there is so much more out there to reach and I want to do that. I can help HC to open new opportunities for growth. In less than one year selling your products, I have already opened a new market in Brazil selling your collections overseas. Can you imagine having a designer in your team that is bilingual, has a multitude of skills, charisma, knows about social media and it is somehow tech savvy? All that in one package? Well, I'm right around the corner.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

Djana Venolia

No comments:

Post a Comment