Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Re-purposed G45 packaging Baby Isabela Tag by Djana Venolia

Greetings!
I am so excited to share with you my new creation. One of my Brazilian friend had a baby girl recently. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in person, but "aunt" Djana loves her already, so I made this tag using a few of my favorite elements: frames, metal flowers, and messy mix-media techniques :-)
I used Precious Memories Collection from Graphic 45. This collection was released during 2015 CHA and it was one of my favorites. It has a sweet and romantic color combination very appropriate for babies. Now let's get into the details...


One element used was frames.





I also have three Technique Tutorials to share...
We will first use the package from Graphic 45 to serve as the base of my tag and add some washi tape.


Since my package was a little bend, I used a scraper to flatten it up.



Using Scraperfect Best Glue Ever (it is great!!!) I stenciled my image.


I washed my brush right a way.


I left to dry to create a more tacky touch.


I used decorative foil over the glue to transfer the design.


Just touch the glue and peal. Yes, that easy with a great effect!!!


You can create the composition you want mixing colors.


Overall look.


Close up.


The second tutorial is using the resin frame...
I first adhered the photo to a background cardstock.



Then using the Best Glue Ever (again) and brushed glue over the frame (not the picture).


Then using a different dry brush I added mica powder over the glue.


I added some copper to give a vintage look. I choose two of the colors from her dress to highlight the frame.


Last sharing idea is also using a frame but this time is a wood frame, Glossy Accents and Mica.
I had attached the chipboard from the Precious Memories Collection to the wood frame using the Glossy Accents.


Then I added Glossy Accents over the entire image. With the help of a round brush I tapped mica powder in two corners.


The paper frame over the journaling tag was done cutting the board around.


That was it for today. I hope you enjoyed this project as much I did creating.
Beijos Isabela da "tia" Djana. Beijo Raquel.
XOXO,

Djana

No comments:

Post a Comment